Monday 21 March 2011

World Poetry Day

My son, who encouraged me to write

Today being World Poetry Day and being an aspiring poet myself, I thought I would share with you my favourite poem.
Why is it my favourite poem?
Because it reminds me of my father, he loved these words so much and would often recite it for me.  I find it inspiring and as poignant today, as when it was written.
My favourite poem is.........If by Rudyard Kipling

What is your favourite poem?

My Own Poetry Corner: "Desire To Be Still"- Wildernesschic Poetry.. My poetry blog, if you would like to take a peak.. I would love to hear what you have to say xx

7 comments:

  1. What a handsome young man your son is.
    I adore Rabindranath Tagore, I stumbled across his shrine in India and when I returned to the UK discovered he had a connection with my home town and there's even a bronze bust by Epstein which was bequeathed to our art gallery.
    My favourite poem is Farewell, I read it at my Mum's funeral. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now I am enjoying John Cooper Clarke. I loved his 'Chicken Town' as a kid, so great to hear the F word just let free. It reads quite quaint now, but has to be heard to be gotten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big fan of Billy Collins
    http://www.albany.edu/writers-inst/webpages4/archives/collinsbilly.html

    and Mark Doty

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Doty

    and you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll kiss you now, but I must own,
    I'll miss you when your grown

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this poem. You should make more time to write, you are a talented writer. We must catch up on the phone this week, much love xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are a fabulous poet and I love If too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your son is a cutie pie. What a wonderful memory to have of your father reading that Kipling poem to you. I've always loved Funeral Blues by W.H. Auden.

    ReplyDelete