Sunday 27 February 2011

Happiness is......


It's early Sunday morning, it is cold, raining and I am recovering from yesterdays migraine, yet I feel  happy, extremely happy.  Not in a manic sense of hyper excitement, no this is more a deeply contented feeling of love.  I am smiling from the inside out and my desire to write has returned.

Something has happened within my brain chemistry, it is almost as if somebody has flicked a switch.  Where there was great darkness and agitation, there is now light and warmth. Clarity has replaced confusion and the sensation of being lost, manic and without purpose has disappeared, in its place is a calm contentment that is allowing the negative emotions to wash over me and disappear.  The simple joys of life are once again touching my soul.

The colour of the spring crocus filling my lawn and the daffodils waiting to burst open, bringing with them that fabulous golden colour of spring.  The wonderful sound of the river as it passes my house, slightly fuller after last nights rain fall, taking with it any remnants of my negativity.
I am seeing beauty all around me, and the simplest things are filling my soul with joy.

Sleepily making my sons breakfast, before he leaves for an away game and kissing his head, breathing him in, loving him so much, that I could burst.
The sight of my golden puppy bounding across the field playing with his mother.  My hens run to greet me, waddling with fluffy feet and flapping their wings in an effort to get to me faster.  All these things I experience every day, yet almost as if I am sleep walking through it, emotionless, numb.  Today though, I see them and feel great joy in doing so, I think this sensation is what the Buddhist's call "Being Awake" or "Awareness"

 I wish I knew the secret, to be able to feel like this every day would be amazing, to be able to share this sensation with others, to feel connected to one another.  To be without suspicion and envy, to feel love and to reach out to one another with genuine empathy and compassion.  Surely that is how we are meant to live..

18 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post, I feel your happiness and its made me smile x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly beautiful and please keep writing - you're very talented! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a joy to read, you are such a talented writer. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous way to feel - and you expressed it beautifully. If you do figure out the secret to feeling that way every day - please be sure to share.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your words wrapped around me like a warm blanket. Oh to feel that way .. is truly amazing and breathe taking. May it continue and may all find themselves in such a wonderful place. Spring is slowly creeping in and bringing so much hope of new .... blessings ..xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spring is well on the way bringing new beginnings and new life. You write so beautifully and it's a delight to read and feel your happiness today. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully written! I love the idea of spring as an awakening as if we spent our winter in mental and emotional hibernation.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. how fabulous.........an yes how wonderful if you could bottle that feeling!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful hun and yay you're back. I wonder if you suffer from SAD. That seasonal order where you actually DO become depressed because of lack of sunlight. Now spring is here we are getting more sunlight because of clearer skys and therefore it lifts your mood. I am pretty much the same with seasons. For the winter what people with SAD do is buy a sunlight. (not a sun bed) and just have it on them for 10 mins a day I think it is. Anyway hun <3 you x

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you felt happy every day, you wouldn't appreciate happiness so much when it came along. You have to have dark things in your life if you really want to relish the light xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can picture your beautiful morning, with your son and the critters and flowers. Lovely. Please keep on writing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully crafted words of pearls. The sun is breaking through my dining room window as I write and I can almost feel the first flush of spring. Daffodils on my table and yellow flowers in my heart. Have a dreamy day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I get migraines too and it such a wonderful feeling when they finally pass. Your post says it all....beautifully :)

    Best wishes...

    Jeanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was really lovely. I try to have a quick wander in the garden each morning before I get up to anything else as it certainly puts life in its perspective, the wildlife and natural beauty of our planet are always inspiring and its great to start your day with love in your heart and a smile on your face. A wag of a tail from the boys always makes me smile inside and out xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful post. I totally relate to what you're saying. I can't wait to come and visit, love C xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful inspired post for the onset of Spring my friend - so beautifully written and an absolute joy to read. Long may your feeling of calm continue.. and also this wonderful writing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful post! Love your writing!

    Xoxo
    Stella

    www.jadore-fashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you got your mojo back. Lovely post. Xxx

    ReplyDelete